It’s been a long time since I had an update about my work + school. Aside from updating you (if someone comes across this post), it’s also a documentation as to where I am at this point in time. So, here it goes! ♡
We’re approaching the end of the school year. One more unit for the last term and we officially say goodbye to school year 2018-2019!
I’ll have my training over the summer. That will be interesting and I’m looking forward to it!
A lot has been happening these past few weeks.
First off, I just officially ended my 2-week practice teaching at Mandaue City Central SpEd School – OT/PT Center yesterday. It was a bittersweet experience I would never ever forget. I documented everything from Day 1 up until our last day. I’ll probably post a video about it soon.
PS. It was just a short practice teaching experience because we still have to attend a lot of seminars and immersions which will happen this month.
Second, I’ll hopefully graduate this July 2019 with a Diploma in Special Education. Currently, I’m holding a Degree in Communication and a Certificate in Professional Education.
Initially, I was planning to proceed and get my Master’s Degree in Special Education.. Not until two weeks ago. Now, I’m planning to skip it first and have a Diploma in Early Childhood Education instead.
It’s an ambitious move, I know–sacrificing my weekend-offs and going back to school all over again–but I don’t want to regret things just because I was lazy and just because some people think it’s ridiculous.
It’s tiring, yes, but it’s all going to be worth it. ♡
We had an activity in our SPED 605 class (Teaching the Hearing Impaired) about the Sign Language Alphabet earlier. Our professor just wanted to check if we still remembered it.
This was my paper. Photo dump ahead! ♡
Hi, lovelies! Hi, blog! ♡
I’m back again. Last update was me talking about being busy. Well, I survived it all–for now. Hahaha today is the first day of No Work for the holiday season! Yey!
I’ll probably binge-watch the movies I missed on Netflix or update more here.
I’m just happy to be back in WordPress.
6 days until Christmas! ♡
Oh, wow. I haven’t updated this blog for a while now–a lot has happened these past few days and I’m bursting to share it here!
First off, as per my previous post, I’m now working as a Lower Primary School Teacher and I’m loving every bit of it. I’m always excited to teach my students new things everyday! The cute little messages they give me is just the cherry on top! ♡
Aside from being a teacher during the weekdays, I transition to being the student during weekends. I’m already taking my classes for my Masters Degree in Special Education–and I love it even more!
As of the moment, we are learning Sign Language in one of my classes and I’m proud to say that I already know quite a few signs just enough for a deaf person to understand what I’m trying to say. Aside from that, we will soon learn how to use braille as well. I can’t explain how motivated and excited I am! I’ll probably do more detailed posts soon about the things I learned in my SpEd classes or my experiences of being a Primary School Teacher! ♡
As what our School President said, “We are not stressed, we are just busy!” Heck yes, I am busy–the good kind of busy–and I love it! ♡
There are a lot of things going on in my mind right now and I don’t know how to start this–wait, I guess that should start it. LOLJK.
Good news! I’m not unemployed anymore. *throws confetti* Well, sort of, but I’m starting next week! *throws confetti again*
I’m hired as a Lower Primary Teacher and by next year, I will most likely handle and lead my own class already. Can’t freaking wait. I’ll miss my lazy days though, not gonna lie.
Currently, I’m still completing my requirements so I can hand it all in by Monday. I am exhausted but, we gotta do what we gotta do.
For my Masters, I mentioned in one of my previous posts that I’ll start this Saturday, 27th of October. No rest for me but I’m excited to meet new faces!
I do hope I can still continue with my other planned posts here. I’ll make this work. Hoping to post every Wednesday/Thursday the least. Ciao! ♡
Day 6 – What Are You Afraid Of
There are plenty of possible answers to the question, “What are you afraid of?”
There’s the usual fear of rats, dark alleys, and heights to name a few. However, if you’re going to ask me what I’m afraid of at this very moment, I’d like to answer the question a bit differently.
- To start it off, I’m afraid of disappointing my parents because their expectations of me are just too damn high. Mom, Dad, I’m sorry. I’m not THAT good, but I try to be. I’ll make you both proud, just hang in there.
- Here’s a funny one, I’m afraid that I can’t keep up with the ‘career change’ I made this year. What am I thinking? I got this!
- I’m also afraid of the future. Will I be successful? Do I get to own that car I always wanted? Do I get to spend the rest of my days with the love of my life? Do I even reach old age? I guess I just need to pull myself back to reality. Self, live in the now! Do not spoil the present with the uncertainty of tomorrow.
- Lastly, I’m afraid of exposing too much of myself here on the internet, hence, this delayed post ends here. Still getting the hang of this blogging thing, please bear with me.
Am I too serious? LOL. Anyway, I’m still and will always be afraid of rats, dark and empty streets, heights, being left alone with no money (I mean come on!), low battery, public speaking + a whole lot more that I can’t think of right now. I’ll just probably update this soon (says me who most likely will not be able to, love ya’ll tho).
Join the challenge! Check this post for the questions!
See you on Day 7 ♡
Whoops! Better late than never!
Day 5 – Your Proudest Moment
Or should I say.. Moments?
- When I graduated from college – I survived four (4) years in college + HS and Elementary, I think it’s something to be proud of, well, at least for me.
- When I decided to go back to school and changed my career path – Seriously, I never thought I’d go back to school after college, but hey, here I am, en route to becoming a full pledge teacher. From Communication (Corporate/Media/Journalism) to the academe. Update: I’m already enrolled in a Masters Degree Program in Special Education! Class starts on October 27th ♡
- I finally became active in blogging – To be honest, I’ve had at least 5 blogs before I finally decided to make this one–which is by far the most active–so, I’m quite proud! ♡
Join the challenge! Check this post for the questions!
See you on Day 6 ♡